Saturday, April 28, 2012

Plants & Frogs

We finished up learning about plants today in Kindergarten. Some of the plants grew quite a bit while others didn't. Here are are some of the bigger ones!


Here is the document I created for labeling their pots!

We discussed the parts of the plants and their roles. Using a sheet from Mailbox Magazine, we glued them into our science journals and labeled the parts of a flower. Here is what this activity looked like!




My first graders have been learning about the life cycle of a frog this week. We started this unit out by reading in our Scholastic News. We also read Growing Frogs! by Vivian French to further study the metamorphasis of the frog.
Finally, we completed this adorable life cycle from Mailbox Magazine. You can find the sheet to copy from Mrs. T's First Grade Class

I also recently finished a unit on Frogs & Toads and it's available at my TPT store. Click the picture to check it out! It's 21 pages and $5.25.
I hope you all have a great Saturday! I made the mistake of taking a late evening nap, which could be why I am wide awake at 3:30 am listening to the pouring rain outside. Why are the weekdays full of cloudless skies and the weekends full of rainstorms? That's not fair!!

Cindy


1 comments:

Unknown said...

I just found your blog on TpT! I'm your newest follower! I hope you'll stop by my blog and follow along. I share prek-2nd grade resources!
1...2...3...Teach With Me

Post a Comment